My latest try at stamping

If I am doing a basketweave on a diagonal...which is how I almost always do it, I always scribe a light line on an angle (this is the angle of your choice) from one edge of the pattern boundry to the other edge of the pattern boundry. Then I choose a spot somewhere near the middle of the line and align one edge of my stamp with the line I have made and stamp the image into the leather. Using the image that was just stamped, I scribe another line parrallel to the first line. Now you have a new line to line up your stamping so you can maintain a correct angle and alternate the stamping process from one line to the next to complete two rows of stamping. From there it is merely a connect the dot process.Always be sure of your alignment before completing a stamp. You can lightly press your stamp into properly prepared leather and it should give you a light nd out impression of of how the stamp lies in conjunction with the other marks you have made. For me it is easier to do it this way then to go ahead and create your stamped image and find out that it isnt aligned properly.Hope this makes sense and is some sort of help.I can probably do a little stamping and show pictures of how I do it if you think it will help.There are others here with a lot more experience than I have who may have a better way of doing it. I would hope that they would chime in here.

Back