My fourth knife

Duncan Tipton

Hi, this is my fourth knife. I am new to posting photos here, but I know the only way to get better is to study knives and recieve feedback from those with experience. Thanks for taking the time to look at my knife.

This on is 3/16 O1 tapered on both ends. The bolster and pins are brass. The handle was designed to fit a smaller hand and is made of black canvas Micarta with white spacers.

My biggest challanges right now are hollow grinding and blade finishing. I would appreciate your feedback. Duncan

Attachments

• leftweb.jpg
    leftweb.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 149
  • ricassoweb.jpg
    ricassoweb.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 115
  • rightweb.jpg
    rightweb.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 110
  • topweb.jpg
    topweb.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 100
You've been paying attention to someone good around you. Not very many beginners will radius the ricosso area from the start. That really gives a more professional look to your knife. EXCELLENT

Dont know that there is much advise to offer on this one, looks pretty darn good to me, Of course if you are unhappy with it you could send it to me :eek: GREAT JOB

Pictures look fuzzy. So you can send it to me so I can get a better view of it and give an honest opinion.;)

Looks great!!!!

You guys are all too kind. Thanks! As far as the ricasso goes, Bob Loveless How to Make Knives. I haven't had too many personal influences besides what I have read, seen in a video, or seen right here. My local maker, George Roberts, is quite good, but I have only talked with him once. Not enouth time to cover everything! Thanks for the inspiration. D

Duncan, that is a great looking knife! I like everything about it!

Steve
--------
Potomac Forge
--------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Back