my first real sheath

Looks great. Much better than my first one. Interesting take on how you did the loop. I might steal that idea.
Don't be afraid to whack the stamping tool harder and really leave a good deep impression. The pattern kind of shrinks as the leather dries after stamping.

Good Job Bruce!! My hat is off to ya! Leatherwork has ALWAYS been my nemesis..... and until I finally got the sewing machine, I would put off, and put off building sheaths until I absolutely had to. Now, it takes me more time to cut all the pieces and build, then sew. That makes it a bit less intense for me.

Looks great. Much better than my first one. Interesting take on how you did the loop. I might steal that idea.
Don't be afraid to whack the stamping tool harder and really leave a good deep impression. The pattern kind of shrinks as the leather dries after stamping.
Thanks. I WAS wondering about that.

Looks great Bruce. The stitching looks a little proud to me. Could be the groove isn’t deep enough or the stitches aren’t quite tight enough... just my 2¢

Looks good. Another thing you might try is to make yourself a little round anvil bick so you can pre-form the fold and stamp around the fold to help prevent it from stretching out the weave...If that doesn't make sense, feel free to let me know and I'll try to explain better

Looks good. Another thing you might try is to make yourself a little round anvil bick so you can pre-form the fold and stamp around the fold to help prevent it from stretching out the weave...If that doesn't make sense, feel free to let me know and I'll try to explain better
good idea. I'll make one up. So much to learn, so little time. The older I get, the faster it goes.

feel free to use the loop idea. Twernt mine anyhow !

Looks good Bruce, I don't care for leatherwork much but I do it. it's nice to have a sole authorship package, knife and sheath.
I kind of dread busting out the leather but when it's finally finished I'm glad I did. for one thing, I get what I wanted, no surprises.

Back