micarta problems

That's really cool! That's the first time I've heard of anyone making the material for their own rifle stock. 2thumbs :cool:

Thanks, pictures don't do it justice at all. Looks much better in person. I plan on dressing it up with a copper trigger guard, spacers, sling swivels, bolt nob, etc, with a leather and denum sling, and of course it will have a matching knife. It was way to much work to ever do another! It took 1 1/2 gallons of epoxi, and 10 yards of denum. It should be a one of a kind.
Dave

Where in Vegas are you ? I ruff cut all my G10 or micarta on the metal cutting bandsaw with lenox diemaster blade.

IMHO the best solution

I am new here, wanted to thank one of the earlier replys. I pulled out the old wet cut tile saw I never thought I would use again and that thing cuts G10 like butter. Added bonus no dust. You can even do a little shaping with the diamond blade; did I mention no dust?2thumbs

I am new here, wanted to thank one of the earlier replys. I pulled out the old wet cut tile saw I never thought I would use again and that thing cuts G10 like butter. Added bonus no dust. You can even do a little shaping with the diamond blade; did I mention no dust?2thumbs

I have been think of trying this with the tile saw. Good idea...glad to hear it works.
I love working with G10. After its cut it is real easy to grind, finish and looks awesome.
I use a jigsaw with a fine tooth blade for g10 and a course blade for micarta. Micarta is more of a pita for me.

I have used a hacksaw, a coping saw and a cutoff wheel on a Dremel for micarta. After rough cutting I shape it on a bench sander and fine shape it with a sanding band on a Dremel.

Back