Micarta Flipper

Ausbrooks

KNIFE MAKER
Got an order for a natural micarta flipper in shorter version than I usually make with a 3" blade and TI bolster and this is what came up with. Came out pretty good with tips gleaned here from the pros, such as keeping detent low on flippers to get better fire. Specs: 3" ATS34 .135 blade, TI frame and bolsters, heat colored file worked and precision milled 440C backspacer, Heat colored SS screws, SS ball bearings and .250" pivot, nice fire and lock up. My pig skin lined sheath with fake nickel. All comments welcome and thanks for lookin'.

Looks like a great little EDC with a nice hollow grind and a cool sheath.

The only possible thing I would change would be to take the right angle edge off of the corners of the scales and bolster to give it a little more of a hand friendly feel in grasp.

Look's Good!!

I'm starting on my first flipper. Right now, I'm roughing out the pattern for the blade and liners and trying to decide what materials to order for the actual knife. What thickness are your Ti liners and where did you order your hardware from?

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks Laurence, Jim and Justin for the comments.
Yes Laurence it is a little edgey- I like the lines but sacrifice comfort- guilty as charged.
Jim I got the bearings, pivot, screws from Bossdog. The SS ball bearings come as a set with races but I didn't use the races as would have to recess the too far into the .093 TI frame. The bearings work fine without the race -read the product description in the listing for tips.

Thanks for the comments Calvin and Dan. Yep the natural micarta is great stuff. I went with a thicker stock to get the thickness in the back end.

I like it the blade looks like a good folding skinner. The natural Micarta is fit really nice, as well as the rest of the parts. Thats a cool EDC!

Back