MDA Slipjoint WIP

John,
Freakin OUTSTANDNG WORK!!!! And the pics are GREAT!!!! Don't sell yourself short, your light years ahead of a lot of makers, you just haven't been doing it that long, which makes it all the scarier for those that have and still are working to get to the level you're at! I'm mainly talking about me there!

After this one, you might want to start working on your next one to sell, maybe not exactley the same, but with the same high quality materials, I don't think you'd have a problem selling it at all. Keep it up Bro, Rex

Thanks for the kind words folks. Now if we could just get Todd Davison in here to tell me I did a good job lol
cheers.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for your quick reply, one more question that are you satisfy with the quality of that Pakistani Damascus maker do you compare his Damascus quality with the other US or European Damascus makers?

The only reason I am not happy with the steel is because of the reputation it has. Basically nobody wants it, or wants anything to do with it. It worked fine and was a little bit of a pain to heat treat, but in the end I got it to work. I have plenty more of it so I will use it until I run out. I will never buy it again though, because I'm almost certain it will make potential buyers look somewhere else.

Just wanted to let you folks know that this knife sold 210 of its planned 400 tickets, and raised $2010 for MDA. A local woman who purchased 10 tickets won the knife :)

Back