McLeish KITH 2020

well, today I did some sanding! I also decided the WA (handle) materials and configuration on both knives. The materials are : Cocobolo at the pommel and ricasso along with copper spacers. Main part of handle is Madrone. It only grows around the pacific northwest. Dense wood, should stand up to cooking environment quite well.DSC01588.JPG

well, today I did some sanding! I also decided the WA (handle) materials and configuration on both knives. The materials are : Cocobolo at the pommel and ricasso along with copper spacers. Main part of handle is Madrone. It only grows around the pacific northwest. Dense wood, should stand up to cooking environment quite well.
Man - would you look at those? Someone is going to be one lucky camper - man, I wish I would have gone ahead and joined in the KITH....
(as I do the Cabbage Patch jig) - just gotta give a huge THANK YOU!

The rest of you noobs out there - next chance ya get - enter this thing. I have learned soooo much (sometimes spelled I am so bad) and made several new friends along the way!

Now - back to ol' Bruce's KITH - so freaking awesome it is!!! I cannot wait to see the finished product... I am not worthy...

Man - would you look at those? Someone is going to be one lucky camper - man, I wish I would have gone ahead and joined in the KITH....
(as I do the Cabbage Patch jig) - just gotta give a huge THANK YOU!

The rest of you noobs out there - next chance ya get - enter this thing. I have learned soooo much (sometimes spelled I am so bad) and made several new friends along the way!

Now - back to ol' Bruce's KITH - so freaking awesome it is!!! I cannot wait to see the finished product... I am not worthy...
OH, BULL!
There's still more surprises planned. We are supposed to stretch ourselves .... I'm pretty thin at this point!!!

Gottum glued up last night. What a mess! Just finished preliminary shaping and I'm pretty pleased. First time for a WA handle.Still want to accentuate the taper towards the back and make certain that the octagon shape is even.
Bruce - those are freaking awesome

Back