McLeish KITH 2020

Which is why you deserve respect, my friend.

I'm one of those folks who believes that perfection IS possible, but most of us aren't willing to put the effort needed to get there.
thanks. That understanding is of paramount importance to me ( and obviously to you , too)

As the great Vince Lombardi put it,

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase it, we can catch excellence

Hey, the knives are for you .... Didja want me to do less than I'm capable of ? I'll hafta settle for excellence ,I guess. Much as I hate to. Oops, handles have been removed already. What , oh what kinda wood will I do for replacement ? It's gonna have to be a surprise I guess. Tee hee hee !!!

Hey, the knives are for you .... Didja want me to do less than I'm capable of ? I'll hafta settle for excellence ,I guess. Much as I hate to. Oops, handles have been removed already. What , oh what kinda wood will I do for replacement ? It's gonna have to be a surprise I guess. Tee hee hee !!!
You know I think you are awesome... I cannot wait - I am a blessed man!

This is stacked natural canvas micarta and ruby red G10. I like the cross cut look personally. It will bond well if stacked but you might see a line.

Bruce, if you want some micarta or G10 for bolsters, hit me up. I got bunch of drops I keep just for such an occasion. View attachment 75266
I apologize for not getting back sooner. I appreciate the offer and I will keep you in mind. I'm sure the opportunity will rear it's ugly head at some point in the future!

Those are really beautiful to look at - I cannot wait to hold 'em. Such talent my friend....

now don't crack the cocobolo!

Cracked the cocobolo again! Changed over to purpleheart. No cracks so they are glued up. Just waiting for dry time and then final handle shaping and finish. Next are the Sayas . Gotta cut and mill the wood for them. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (hope it's not a train)DSC01628.JPGDSC01630.JPG

Love the purple heart - was my mom's favorite color - lost her 4 years ago to an ugly cancer after fighting COPD for years

Est finito. Greg Rice's KITH is gettin on the pony express on Monday! YEA YEA. this one was an adventure for me because there was so much that was new to me. I think I lived up to the part that says "stretch your limits". It fought me hard, but I finally beat it into submission!
This is what he'll be receiving:DSC01688.JPG

Last edited:
Est finito. Greg Rice's KITH is gettin on the pony express on Monday! YEA YEA. this one was an adventure for me because there was so much that was new to me. I think I lived up to the part that says "stretch your limits". It fought me hard, but I finally beat it into submission!
This is what he'll be receiving:View attachment 76078
oh wow. holy bannanananas. I I I I really have no words. Wow

This is what he'll be receiving:View attachment 76078
The purple brought a tear Bruce. I know what that is for - thank you. I still just... wow

Man - I got a package yesterday that was so very awesome! I have not yet opened it. I am about to finish up your KITH as well - sheath build this weekend and ship out Monday is the plan. My goal is to finish, box it up and ship it - and then open up this box I received from some wacko in California... Stay tuned folks The big reveal will be coming soon!!! May have to do a brisket...

Dood - I cannot. If I do, you may very well never get your KITH. I KNOW for a fact that my blade, what I consider to be the very first blade I have really ever made (sure, I ground a couple of files into pointy things (not even sharp)) will not hold a candle to what I have in this box. And I have come to be ok with that. But if I were to actually open it - I dunno that I would ever be content to 'just send it on' As long as I don't really know, I can Justify it...

signed: doofus

Holy cow. I am so glad that I waited... Bruce ol’ boy - you outdid yourself. Many these are awesome!

The Petty is so airy and nimble - just begging to dice and peel and work that cutting board baby!

And the Santoku - it is begging to slice steak, brisket, swordfish

And the finish. Wow Hillbilly. Thank you. I have enjoyed the banter and the making of a friend. I will think of you and smile every time I use one. I will also think of mom-thanks for the purple... I absolutely LOvE these. My daughter is laughing at me because I am so very excited about theme. B04E3549-AF94-4E59-BB03-93B592BA1CD5.jpegD6CAFECC-34A5-45BC-9715-866C6CF36C0E.jpeg

Back