let's talk work rest bevel grinding jigs.

Whether you are proud of your work or not, show it. You will get some remarks and that is what you are looking for.

All I was trying to do is show my grinding jig setup, and to show that jigs of this nature work on many types of blade shapes, from drop point to a clip point. I don't need comments on my work from a forum, my customers do that, good and bad alike. I sure had no intent on getting any on the knives shown here, just used as an example. Sorry to the mods if I broke some rule. I have not been posting here in a while.

Has anyone seen that angle pro jig. I just seen it on another forum. Jim McCuinn is the guy making them they looked pretty good have a magnet system that holds the tang.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I have the angle pro and love it. It comes with a huge aluminum tool rest and platen plate. If you want more info or his email pm me.

It just hit you the wrong way. A maker needs to send pictures so anyone can see. I still have flaws in my work shown to me. I have asked my wife not to do that but she keeps on doing it.

It just hit you the wrong way. A maker needs to send pictures so anyone can see. I still have flaws in my work shown to me. I have asked my wife not to do that but she keeps on doing it.

My apologies to Tom. It did hit me wrong, had been a bad day. after reading the post again, I feel like a dog that got caught chewing on a shoe, can't hug the floor tight enough.

Since I'm expanding into stock removal more and will be doing some big blades with it, I set up a work rest and jig that will let me work on bush swords with a total length of 24".

The angle is set with the platen, not the jig or work rest. The jig is just a couple of pieces of 2" angle with holes drilled to line up with the rivet holes in the tang. I have it where the majority of the cutting edge will be perpendicular to the platen. At first, I had a bit of trouble with the angle iron not sliding perfectly smoothly on the work rest. Then I added a bearing surface to the bottom off the angle iron made of a Wal*Mart polypropylene cutting board. Slides much better without being too slick.

And this Little Rok is the first test piece to be ground with this setup.

Back