Latest One.

dazcon

I've not been on here for a while. Still having a dabble at making knives in my little shed though. This is my latest.

5mm 01 steel,OAL 225mm,blade 112mm and 29mm wide . Handle is green canvas micarta with red liners. Pins are 5mm stainless in a 6mm brass tube. Lanyard is 6mm brass tube.Sheath 3.5mm veg-tanned leather dangler dyed with vinegaroon.
Still a bit more polishing and sharpening to do but essentially finished.

Pin detail.

Comments, tips,tricks methods of improvement etc. will be taken on board.

Thanks for looking.

Darren.

Man, I like it. You're about the 3rd guy lately to use those red liners and they are really growing me. I'm going to have to try it. You make the lanyard bead? That's pretty cool. Sheath looks great too.

Thank you! I did make the bead. Its just a piece of leftover micarta and a bit of the pin material. I think it makes a nice finishing touch.

Very Nice work! You did a very good job with everything. Tell us more about the work on the spine, it looks great.

Don

Thanks guys! This is the second time I have done this pattern filework. The first was better. I drilled 15 evenly spaced holes then filed the angled slots. It's a bit of a risk. Plenty of potential to mess it up. Filled with black epoxy.

Back