Last 3 Christmas knives

Lerch

Finally got these finished up today, these are my last 3 orders for Christmas.

The first one is a 52100 blade, differentially heat treated and cryo treated. Brass bolsters rubbed to a 600 grit finish, stainless spacers, dyed maple burl accent piece and elk antler handles with mosaic pins. Larry Parsons sheath with the receipents initials on it. Thanks Larry for the awesome work !!
photo-32_zpsceb35259.jpg

This one is a present for my dad, one of my small EDC knives in 52100 with striped sheep horn handles and mosaic pins. Larry Parsons cross draw sheath, thanks again Larry
photo-30_zps0614cac6.jpg

This last one is for my mom for Christmas. This is my first culinary knife, being my first i modeled it somewhat after a knife she bought me a few years ago and increased the size and handle a bit, then i tried to pretty it up a bit as well. Blade is 440C taken to a 320grit finish, grind is kind of a mix of a flat grind until the cutting edge was about a thick as a nickel then i did a convex grind that i kept kind of steep. Handle is black buffalo horn, mammoth ivory and maple burl with brass mosaic pins on the bolster and copper mosaic pins on the maple.

photo-29_zpsaf01d5c7.jpg

close up on the handle
photo-28_zps898a8b4b.jpg

let me know what you think and Merry Christmas yall !!!

thanks
steve

Steve, those look great. The new owners will be very proud to receive them. Put this last week of constant shoppers and questions behind you and have a great Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Jeff

Back