Knifemaker from NH

Hello,
My name is David Schott and I am a knifemaker from southern NH.

I've been making knives for a few years now, mainly fixed blades but just starting to get into slipjoints.

I have waves of productivity marked by periods of inactivity since I am a part-time knifemaker with a full time job and wife :)

After a very trying year, i'm hoping to get back into the swing of things this spring and to begin producing knives regularly going forward.

I was referred here by a number of BF guys, but I'll give Indian George the credit since he sends out the most emails :)

My severly outdated website is www.schottknives.com and is long overdue for a complete overhaul and pictures of everything i've made in the past 2 years :)

I enjoy knives, all shooting sports, hiking, camping, dinner and long walks on the beach...wait...is this a knife forum or E-harmony?

The name sounds familiar???? Just can't place the face.:duh: Thank God:eek:
About time you got over here Lil Guy. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Last edited:
David,

Welcome aboard ! Always have liked your style. Post some of those last 2 years pics here somewhere.

-Josh

Ive just updated my website completely, adding a bunch of more recent pics to the mix! It now has about 30 galleries of various knives and pics!

Thanks everyone! i hope my dry spell in knifemaking will be coming to a close in February. I am just finishing re-doing my entire kitchen and as soon as that is wrapped up, i'll be hitting the shop hard! I already have a Damascus EDC ground, HT and ready for handles as well as a folder in the works.

Welcome Aboard!! I just checked out yer wbsite and had to tell ya you do awsome work. All that ironwood makes me want to use some again! Your style is very cool.

Welcome Aboard!! I just checked out yer wbsite and had to tell ya you do awsome work. All that ironwood makes me want to use some again! Your style is very cool.

Thanks!

I have a love-hate relationship with Ironwood. On one hand, I honestly haven't ever seen a wood take as gorgeous a finish or look as good as ironwood (top-shelf ironwood, at least). One the other hand, my tools hate it, my belts hate it, it irritates the heck out of my nose throat and lungs when i come into contact with the dust and in general, I find it harder to work with than steel for some reason. Go figure!

Welcome David. I used to get up in your neck of the woods a looooong time back and really enjoyed the area around the White Mtns. Pretty country.

Check your link. I think you got an exclamation point in there somehow and it doesn't go through. Nice site and beautiful work.

Carey

Welcome David. I used to get up in your neck of the woods a looooong time back and really enjoyed the area around the White Mtns. Pretty country.

Check your link. I think you got an exclamation point in there somehow and it doesn't go through. Nice site and beautiful work.

Carey

Carey,
Thanks!

I love the white mountain area. I would love to retire someday to the lincoln area. Unfortunately, I live only about a mile over the border north of the MA line.

I fixed that link, thanks for the heads-up!

Back