Knifemaker from Maine

Hi Knife Dogs,

My name is Nick Rossi and this is my first post. I was directed to this site by Wayne Coe yesterday while hanging out at the New England School of Metalwork. I am a member of a few "other" knife forums and Wayne said this place was the best. So here I am.

I currently live in Minot, Maine. I have lived here since I was four, but being born in Connectict, I might as well be from the moon. I have been making knives for over 10 years. I like to forge as well as remove stock. I make fixed blades, but have been playing with folders on and off. I teach a few classes at NESM and attend a local knifeshow when I can. I am kept pretty busy as a Sales Engineer for a technical fabrics company.

I look forward to borrowing and sharing information with you folks.

Cheers,

Nick

Some of my work. I heard that TTIWWOP!

Forged W-1, Box Elder Burl and brass.
ShowKnives028.jpg

Sideways Tang Integral with 5160 and Bocote.
ShowKnives025.jpg

Pukko with my own damascus, Box Elder and Copper.
ShowKnives009.jpg

Thumbnail.
ShowKnives004.jpg

:eek:Hey! I met this guy Nick at our NCCA club made knives just like you!!:bud::D

welcome Nick!! You should come down to IG's. Jeff's tired of movin the heavy stuff:p:D

Hey Guys,

I really want to come down. It's my stupid day job! I travel every other week and it is really cramping my style.

-Nick

Hey Nick , Welcome ! I also meet you at the NCCA show . Love the sideways tang ! Bill

Hey Nick. Nice to meet you and see your knives. Thanks for the help. Hope to see you next week.

Last edited:
Hey Nick,

I'm pretty sure I didn't meet you!!! I'm from Ct as well, but I had a home up just north of Caribou, ME. Some of the most beautiful country I ever had the pleasure of seeing. I could do without the black flies and the moose though. Speaking of beautiful, you have done some really nice work. Stabber is right, I'm tired of moving stuff, go down to Indian Georges, you will be welcomed with open arms, gloves, and a hand truck!:D

Welcome Aboard

Jeff

Welcome. Nice work.
That damii with copper and burl makes me Smile!
If it doesn't have a home pm me please.
Dozier

Hey Nick,

I'm pretty sure I didn't meet you!!! I'm from Ct as well, but I had a home up just north of Caribou, ME. Some of the most beautiful country I ever had the pleasure of seeing. I could do without the black flies and the moose though. Speaking of beautiful, you have done some really nice work. Stabber is right, I'm tired of moving stuff, go down to Indian Georges, you will be welcomed with open arms, gloves, and a hand truck!:D

Welcome Aboard

Jeff

Thanks!

We sure are famous for the black flies. It is actually our state bird. I hear IG's is a good time. I'll move heavy stuff all day if I get some beer and famous HT relish in me.

Welcome. Nice work.
That damii with copper and burl makes me Smile!
If it doesn't have a home pm me please.
Dozier

Thank you Sir,

PM sent.

Thanks!

We sure are famous for the black flies. It is actually our state bird. I hear IG's is a good time. I'll move heavy stuff all day if I get some beer and famous HT relish in me.

Thank you Sir,

PM sent.

No problem2thumbs2thumbs The HT'g Relish is a prerequisite to attend my HI's. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Back