Knife Talk is Oldest Communication

Ausbrooks

KNIFE MAKER
I read an article over weekend in the Denver Post that according to a new study posted in Nature Communication that suggests that the earliest language might have been born out of the need for butchering tools between 1.8 and 2.5 million years ago, when hominids began to craft sharp flakes of volcanic rocks like flint and use them for slaughtering animals and ties this arrival of tools inextricably to language.
So, the very first conversation ever uttered by a hominid may have gone something like this:
"Hey Og, me come over cave and watch make knife today?"
"No Kel, have too many knives make today- you come tomorrow- and bring 2 rabbit".
"Og, me bring rabbits. And bring my flint too?".
"Kel, your flint no good. Use my flint only- it better- last longer".
"Ok Og, will bring extra rabbit".

So what we do here is the most necessary and oldest form of communication- keep them rabbits comin'. :lol:

I read an article over weekend in the Denver Post that according to a new study posted in Nature Communication that suggests that the earliest language might have been born out of the need for butchering tools between 1.8 and 2.5 million years ago, when hominids began to craft sharp flakes of volcanic rocks like flint and use them for slaughtering animals and ties this arrival of tools inextricably to language.
So, the very first conversation ever uttered by a hominid may have gone something like this:
"Hey Og, me come over cave and watch make knife today?"
"No Kel, have too many knives make today- you come tomorrow- and bring 2 rabbit".
"Og, me bring rabbits. And bring my flint too?".
"Kel, your flint no good. Use my flint only- it better- last longer".
"Ok Og, will bring extra rabbit".

So what we do here is the most necessary and oldest form of communication- keep them rabbits comin'. :lol:

Interesting Article! Here is the link.

http://www.denverpost.com/News/Nati...-language-to-talk-about-tools?source=infinite

Back