Knife shaped steel. My first knife!

20170628_203816.jpg
20170628_203800.jpg

Scales glued up. SS pins trimed, scales roughed in with 100 grit belt. Now to start final shape handle and finish sand. Really starting to look like a knife.

20170701_164210.jpg

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen first one is in the book!! Its officially a knife now! Very excited to finish it!! I just need to sharpen it. My Lansky Sharpening system is suppose to be here either Sunday or Monday!! Next a Kydex Sheath. And another blank I've been working on. This has been a BLAST to build!! A lot of time but in my opinion well worth the effort! I learned a ton with this blade and some of the forum members have given me useful information and encouragement to help finish this. Thank you!! The next one will be better. Let me know what you all think!!

Last edited:
View attachment 61357

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen first one is in the book!! Its officially a knife now! Very excited to finish it!! I just need to sharpen it. My Lansky Sharpening system is suppose to be here either Sunday or Monday!! Next a Kydex Sheath. And another blank I've been working on. This has been a BLAST to build!! A lot of time but in my opinion well worth the effort! I learned a ton with this blade and some of the forum members have given me useful information and encouragement to help finish this. Thank you!! The next one will be better. Let me know what you all think!!

Congrats!!! Looks great! You've got something to hand down now... that YOU made. It's a great feeling. Lol the newest member of the fist knives club. Welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Its official - you are a knife maker. The first one is complete and you are moving on to No. 2. It is a great feeling and you should be proud of your accomplishment. Cannot wait to see the next one.

DeMo

Congratulations! Its official - you are a knife maker. The first one is complete and you are moving on to No. 2. It is a great feeling and you should be proud of your accomplishment. Cannot wait to see the next one.

DeMo

Thanks!! I think that I have been Bitten!! I just don't know how many knives I need!! LOL!!

Back