KITH 2020 SIGN UP

Just print a random list of the names. The name on top sends to the number 2, the number 2 sends to 3 and so on. The bottom sends to the top. If someone new pops in they go on the bottom.

Rather than catch anyone unaware with the drawing, i’m more than happy to pay shipping to South Africa if you want to pair me with Johan.

Just print a random list of the names. The name on top sends to the number 2, the number 2 sends to 3 and so on. The bottom sends to the top. If someone new pops in they go on the bottom.
Rather than catch anyone unaware with the drawing, i’m more than happy to pay shipping to South Africa if you want to pair me with Johan.
Thats nice of you John. I will make it so.

Man - this looks like fun - maybe next year I will consider myself an adequate enough knife maker to join in this. We do this on a BBQ forum I am on - swapping BBQ sauces and rubs - get really cool 'local elsewhere' stuff. PLEASE post pics of what is sent around. I will be participating through those pics...

Man - this looks like fun - maybe next year I will consider myself an adequate enough knife maker to join in this. We do this on a BBQ forum I am on - swapping BBQ sauces and rubs - get really cool 'local elsewhere' stuff. PLEASE post pics of what is sent around. I will be participating through those pics...

Yes this is a great tradition here. As part of the KITH you post progress pics like a Work In Progress follow-along. It’s a treasure trove of tips and tricks for new makers to follow.

Crossing fingers paired with another beginner, lol. I started yesterday but am taking photos of progress. I am a stock removal maker, just want to make that clear, do my own heat treating though.

Last edited:
Are we pairing again or doing a random draw after everyone gets a knife completed? I think I've seen both ways kinda floated in this thread.

Are we pairing again or doing a random draw after everyone gets a knife completed? I think I've seen both ways kinda floated in this thread.
In the beginning it said random but an out of USA maker wanted to join so a willing person stepped up and was paired, mostly due to overseas mail issues.

I will help start the wheels a’turning. Bossdog has completed his knife. I just started mine. Here is my starting picture. Hope this turns out. A piece of 1075. 5.5 inches long, 1.75 inches wide, and .250 inches thick. Good luck to all!

As I progress, I will start another thread for my KITH build. I suggest other builders do the same. The best part is following along and hopefully learning something along the way.

FB6-CC3-FD-9094-492-C-9976-D1629-E29-A67-E.jpg

Back