Kevin Zito - KITH 2019 Bowie WIP

Kevin, I really like the look of that knife. Do you mind if I use it for a future knife along those same lines? I think lifting the tang up would solve the issue Jason is talking about.

Thanks guys! You may absolutely use any design that I make. I’m expecting to have to do something with the tang... in fact I might “calm down” the handle a bit. I think I can also shorten the horizontal part of the tang. More than likely I’ll probably adjust the angle as well. Lol that’s why I bought 6 feet of steel. I’ll get a Bowie out of it somehow.... might be small though haha.

Thanks guys! You may absolutely use any design that I make. I’m expecting to have to do something with the tang... in fact I might “calm down” the handle a bit. I think I can also shorten the horizontal part of the tang. More than likely I’ll probably adjust the angle as well. Lol that’s why I bought 6 feet of steel. I’ll get a Bowie out of it somehow.... might be small though haha.
Thanks. Really looking forward to your WIP.

I like the design. As others mentioned the tang looks...different? I've never done a hidden tang myself so I'll defer to what others have said.

If you make your spacer blocks reach to the bend in your tang that is a straight hole to drill. Then the rest of your handle will also require a straight hole. You will just have to fit your handle to your spacer (matching angles) then it will work as drawn. I dig it.

Back