KD July KITH official picture thread.

I am done I have two and am debating on which to send off. I will decide here soon and get some pictures up.

The knife is ready but I'm having etcher issues. It may end up being unmarked :12: The sheath has been dyed black since this pic was taken. The weird reflections are fishing rods hanging from the angled ceiling over my desk :eek:
KD KITH 2011.jpg

Sidekick in CPM-154 @ 58Rc, HT by Brad at Peters'. This is my first one with dovetailed bolsters - thought it would be fun to give it to a fellow Dog. The scales are black/blue G10 with black paper micarta bolsters and SS fittings.

Last edited:
Just put the first of three to four finish coats on mine. Sheath will be done by the end of the weekend. I will get pics as soon as I am done with the finish. Might be a little late getting it out. Sorry.

Morning. Its been a fun and crazy month. Im glad I made this one a few weeks back.. The handle is PINE.. but not PINE like we know it. Its a Huon Pine from Tasmania. Google search it. there's a few really good sites that talk about the wood. :)

Blade is 1095 W satin finish with Huon Pine handle. The blade is flat ground with a convex edge. the handles are from Tasmania. Comes with a nice leather sheath, not pictured. OAL 9" with a 4 1/2 inch blade.

Attachments

• HHH Knives 025.jpg
    HHH Knives 025.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 52
  • HHH Knives 024.jpg
    HHH Knives 024.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 48
Here is a picture of a simmilar knife the one I made is almost exactly like this. This just happen to be on my site so I used this picture.
Gahaganknife1981.jpg

Ready for shipping

Heya fellas,

Thought I'd post a quick update just to let ya know I'm shavin sharp and ready for shipping :3:

I was gonna make a sheath just because but figured that generally a sheath is just unnecessary for a kitchen knife.

Not wanting to skimp out on y'all though I decided to sacrifice a Cocobolo block and make a display stand, open air single knifeblock, or call it what you will, LOL.

A pretty simple affair really made with a wood block and a piece of 1/8" 416 pinstock but it is pretty functional and wont hold in the humidity and promote rust :biggrin:

Admittidly it has a kinda "modern art masterpiece" kinda look to it which is not necessarily a compliment but it's what I came up with :lol:

Anyway, here it is ready to find a new doghouse to live in-
001.jpg

002-1.jpg

Great knives from everyone Dogs !!! :35:

Can't wait to get my greedy mits on my new blade ! :happy::1971_dancing_dog:

-Josh

Josh,

That looks so sweet on that stand. I'd love to see it cutting through a nice big chunk of venison tenderloin. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Well done Josh....I mean RARE, RARE not well done!

Pat

Looks like some great work in this years KITH.

Im going to set the deadline at Midnight EST tomorrow night. The drawing will be Friday and I will get the list posted by Friday evening.

Little better pics of my offering and some details.
Overall length- 6"
Closed- 3 1/2"
Cutting edge- 2 1/4"
Steel- 1080
Bolsters- green g10
Scales- brown/honey g10
DSCN0509.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

Hope y'all like it.

Back