Ideal blade length for a bali?

Eleventy-Two!!! :D

I actually care about handle length and feel more than blade length. Balisongs may be the one knife type that starts with the handle design first, and then the blade. Keep in mind I am a total noob though - I may be wrong.

For me there is a sweet spot between 3.75 and 4.25. Outside of that is ok for users but flipping becomes problematic for me.

for flipper I would prefer something around 4 inches

I think that's a tad bit too long for a (practical) user

Yup, around 4".... maybe 3 1/4".... That's good too.

Seems like the closer to 4" you get a better swing. BM made those small Bali's and they are awesome BUT, they just do not get the same centrifugal force as a 4" blade and handles.

Around 4" for the blade seems to be the most popular and the most commonly available. Personally, I like that length the best for flipping, but for carry, I like smaller balis (3" to 3 1/2" blade) better.

The only thing i dont like about a 3" blade is you dont have much handle to back it up. If i were to carry a bali with a 3" blade id much rather have handles from a 4" bladed knife. Hell, at that rate ill just take a 42 and shave a little off the top if you know what I mean. May look slightly odd, but i cant get used to the small handles of things like a morpho. I have a korth panther and that seems a little too small.

Around 4" The smaller knives like the BM 31 or Morpho just don't feel right to me.

Back