I need to vent.

wall e

Im frustrated and need to vent politely about the frustration of working what I have. The blasted belt dip is part of the learnimg curve and it happens to many I know but I just wanted a lil vent to those who understand. (The wife and kids don't)

17cd2609920dc32376105970742c70fa.jpg

Thanks John I know. Just needed a lil positivity.
And I used my big boy words too. Lol

Hey, it's been that kind of week. Ever cut your blank, drilled your 1/4" pin holes and then went back and added some 1/2" holes...using your pin holes for starter holes? Good times!

Close, I drilled some holes that were too close to the outside and at an angle since they were drilled by hand, and ground right into the holes.

I have similar issues with my pos grinder... It's frustrating but they make nice gifts. ☺️ most folks are happy to get a knife and don't see the imperfections.

9997aece0cac80bb940111636bf75ceb.jpg

Aaaaaahhhhhh some day I may learn not to leave the center of the blade on the belt.

It happens to us all, I have been trying to start away from the plunge closer to the tip and work back to the plunge and back out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

that's what 220grit sandpaper is for! Get to rubbin'
This is after 15 min of rubbin to clear the looooonnnnnnnng ugly line I left. Got it done after 35 min total counting shop gnome interruptions. Lol it wasnt too bad.
However I may have gone a lil too far on the other side. 600 flat and 1500 bevel

8baa4c714464654ab3917d1fa89961cd.jpg

Thanks Im about 30 min away from wrapping it in blue tape and starting on the handle an liners.

Its where the edge of the belt " dips " into the blade. It happens when you have one edge of the belt off square when making a pass while grinding.

Not to self, make sure the holes are drilled through the felt liner before glue up. Ghaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Gelling epoxy hopefully becomes a solid clean bond. If not I have a date with a heat gun to remove it all and start over. Dhoht!!!!!

bahahahaha!!! Been there! I hate to laugh at your pain, but it does feel good to know i'm not the only one!

Back