I need to vent.

wall e

Im frustrated and need to vent politely about the frustration of working what I have. The blasted belt dip is part of the learnimg curve and it happens to many I know but I just wanted a lil vent to those who understand. (The wife and kids don't)

wall e

Thanks John I know. Just needed a lil positivity.
And I used my big boy words too. Lol

John Wilson

Hey, it's been that kind of week. Ever cut your blank, drilled your 1/4" pin holes and then went back and added some 1/2" holes...using your pin holes for starter holes? Good times!

wall e

Close, I drilled some holes that were too close to the outside and at an angle since they were drilled by hand, and ground right into the holes.

ACLakey

I have similar issues with my pos grinder... It's frustrating but they make nice gifts. ☺️ most folks are happy to get a knife and don't see the imperfections.

wall e

Aaaaaahhhhhh some day I may learn not to leave the center of the blade on the belt.

Justin Presson

It happens to us all, I have been trying to start away from the plunge closer to the tip and work back to the plunge and back out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

wall e

that's what 220grit sandpaper is for! Get to rubbin'
This is after 15 min of rubbin to clear the looooonnnnnnnng ugly line I left. Got it done after 35 min total counting shop gnome interruptions. Lol it wasnt too bad.
However I may have gone a lil too far on the other side. 600 flat and 1500 bevel

wall e

Thanks Im about 30 min away from wrapping it in blue tape and starting on the handle an liners.

wall e

Its where the edge of the belt " dips " into the blade. It happens when you have one edge of the belt off square when making a pass while grinding.

wall e

Not to self, make sure the holes are drilled through the felt liner before glue up. Ghaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Gelling epoxy hopefully becomes a solid clean bond. If not I have a date with a heat gun to remove it all and start over. Dhoht!!!!!

John Wilson

bahahahaha!!! Been there! I hate to laugh at your pain, but it does feel good to know i'm not the only one!