I made my first peice of damascus

That's a darn nice piece . You did a great job. Don't discard it. Keep as your first piece. KT:thumbup:

That's a darn nice piece . You did a great job. Don't discard it. Keep as your first piece. KT:thumbup:

Ya know kid, Ive been kicking this piece around on the bench , just getting in the way , When I get back from vacation , I think Im gonna drill a few holes in it , try to grind out that bad weld , hHT it and throw a few scales on it , just to say I completed it .. Good Idea .

It's a really good pattern. If you don't want to make a "knife" out of it... You could always make a really nice letter opener from it. Then the little delams are less of an issue.

It's a really good pattern. If you don't want to make a "knife" out of it... You could always make a really nice letter opener from it. Then the little delams are less of an issue.

Thats a good point , but Im gonna try to get rid of that bad spot and then HT and go from there.. Thanks

Don't know about others, but I'm a fan of setting the weld on the anvil because one can can 'feel' the set. It's much more difficult with a press as it's basically a 'guesstimation' based on previous welding experience. After the initial weld, press/hammer on...
John

Fantastic Mikey...I am wanting to do that as well. I find myself wishing I had invested in a press instead of my power hammer. I do love my Little Giant though....anyhow great work and beautiful finished product.

Thanks guys it came out better then expected . Now I know I can do it. The next one will come out better I hope lol.

Back