I’m baaack....

One Armed

Greetings friends. Been quite awhile since I’ve been around. Couple of you may remember me. I left all public forums & was not planning to return. But some words from a good friend, and I’ve been swayed to check in.

I actually went through a spell and didn’t touch a single blade. Unfortunately, my health leaves me little time afforded to work on my hobby projects. As I am also a Gunsmith/builder, the last year has been mostly given over to that genre. I also did some machining of small parts..Titanium & Tungsten Carbide. (Evil stuff to work on!) And I did some tool mods as well. Then I worked on a blade for a member & friend here. He asked me sometime ago if I could make a new handle for & sharpen a butchers knife he received in the 70’s. Doing that little bit lit a fire under my seat!

(Oh yeah.... the first of the “DIY” surface grinder attachments is still working fantastically!)

I added a 2nd tooling arm port to my grinder, and made a new platen assembly with a Granite platen surface.

I have a small batch of blades I need to get to Peters. (Everyone else get the notice they are moving...again?) These are all CPM3V.

And finally I have started on my frame lock folder design. Although I need to redo it, as I was using Draftsight 2018 CAD program. It ended in December(without my knowledge), and I lost my design. I only had this one printout.

Last edited:
Glad to see you back. I know for the last yr you've been focusing on gun stuff. Good to have you back knifemaking again.

On losing the info on folder due to Draftsight becoming a "buy it" program, why did you loose the info? Isn't the dwg files still on your HD? nanoCAD is free and will read those dwg files just fine.

Good looking blanks.

I tried to use LibreCAD, and it wasn't nearly as good or intuitive as Draftsight or AutoCAD. That said, I'm used to AutoCAD, so maybe that is what tripped me up a bit.
I'd personally recommend Fusion 360, even for 2D drawings. If you sign up as a Hobbyist, it's free.

Welcome back. I am also back. I had the same thing happen to me with Draftsight. Figured it was about time to learn something else so I got in to Fusion 360 which led to the purchase of a 3D printer. That's a nice looking folder.

Jacob

Back