Howdy

A

Allen Rumme

Howdy all,

My name is Allen Rumme and I’ve been lurking around the knife forums for a good while now. Late last year I finally decided to try my hand a making knives. After the first few, I was hooked. It is a challenge to develop the skills, but I’m having a blast doing it. A lot of what I’ve learned as come from the folks on the forums, many of whom are now on this forum. To all of those who share their knowledge, thank you! I was also lucky enough to find a mentor locally, Al Trujillo. His guidance really gave me a jump start and we routinely share ideas and works in progress.

The image below is of stuff on the bench. The fixed blades are just back from heat treating, and the folders are just getting under way, my first. I need to make decent images of some of my finished blades. I’ll post those down the road.

Anyway, good to be aboard.

Allen

Attachments

• IMG_0983-2.jpg
    IMG_0983-2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 19
Welcome Allen!

I am new here and new to making knives as well! This looks like a great place to develop new relationships and connections!

GREAT FUN!

:)

-DON:)

001_cool.gif
Allen, Welcome to KnifeDogs! Glad you made it!
thumbup.gif

Welcome Allen. Great looking stuff there on your bench. I really like the third one from the left

Thanks everyone, glad to be here. I'll post picture of the stuff on the bench as it gets finished.

Chip, the three blades on the left are intended for the kitchen, kinda, sorta, maybe.... I'm still very early in the process of trying to develop my own style, so I'm trying a bit of everything to see what floats my boat.

Allen

Back