Holiday Gift Exchange

smithy

I had an idea that it might be nice to have a holiday gift exchange of knife related products. Nothing expensive, just something that would be useful to ANY knifemakers. The maximum value of the gift to be $25.00 or less. A set of scales, a piece of known quality steel, guard material...that kind of 'stuff'. This was predicated by my wife telling me she had no idea of what knife stuff to get me...so I told her a sweater would be fine. :)

If you guys are interested in this, please reply to this post. I will volunteer to do the logistics. ...Teddy

I think I'm in. Depends on a few things outside my control, but I have just the thing if it works out. Good idea, even if it doesn't.

I can always chip in some Rosewood and Bacote - still got a good bit of that stuff.

Ken H>

I'm in! Are we going to draw names?

Open for suggestions. An idea I had was to make a list of all participants. Say, for examples sake, that there are 20 people. List 10 persons names in alphabetical order in one column and the additional names in reverse alphabetical in the second column. For example, say we have 26 people. The person starting with A would be matched with person Z, and so on down the list. The lists would be by screen name. We have to decide on a cut-off date. Any suggestions??? ...Teddy

One thing I suggest is to promise to deliver the present before Christmas. I've been in a couple of these exchanges and their were some hurt feelings. Some folks never did get their gift. These were for a knife though. A simpler gift of material should go smoothly, but guys, if you say you are going to send something please be sure you do. We makers are just like "Kids at Christmas" and get disappointed if nobody gives us something to play with. "Toys not clothes" :)

Teddy, with you doing the choosing - anyway you decide will satisfy me. Your idea sounds like a good idea, I'd not thought of that method.

Cut-off date? Not sure, but it would need to be at least 2 or 3 wks before Christmas to give plenty of time for shipping?

Ken H>

I would also like to participate , sounds like a good way to celebrate the giving spirit of christmas , Please keep us informed of dates and cutoff
thanks for opportunity to give something even If I dont get anything in return . But, in the spirit of christmas it would be nice to reciprocate
Have a good Thanksgiving and a merry christmas . Also have a Happy New Year . I think we all need one .... best Regards Bubba-san

Back