Holiday Gift Exchange

My gift is shipped as of this afternoon.

Thanks for putting this on Teddy. And for all the participants. Merry Christmas all!

Santa dropped off a last little thing yesterday, so I was able to ship it all off today! Friendly lady at the shipping place said it should arrive at its destination on Tuesday. Seems she has some connections...she must be an elf!

Hope everyone else is having as much fun with this as I am. (My first time participating in something like this.) And thank you to Goldy for doing all the heavy lifting! :35:

Thank you Laurence!!!

3 beautiful pieces of stabilized wood and about a 1/2 hour on the phone in fellowship (talking shop). I will be using one piece for my first culinary knife for the wife, another piece will go to a knife for me (I carry one to show my work), and the remaining piece will go into the special woods cabinet. Will post picture tomorrow.

rps20131215_124155.jpg

Teddy, Thank You for doing this for us! It's little thing like this that makes our group the Knife Dog family we are.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a great year of knife making!

Last edited:
So do we get a package from who we sent one to or someone different? I shipped mine yesterday or the day before can't remember. Merry Christmas to all my knifedogs Family.

Austin Colvin

Teddy da Man!

Thanks Teddy :s12138::s12138::s12138::clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::rockon::s11798::s11798::s11798:

Thank you Teddy for putting this on, and really enjoyed our phone chat other day.

THANK YOU!!!! Jessie - those are some GREAT blocks of stabilized wood! Look how nice that wood is folks - I've got a GREAT Christmas for sure Thanks to Jessie, and to Teddy. The wife as already laid claim to the Big Leaf Red Maple on the left. :)

Ken H><

Stabilized_Wood.jpg

MarkBehnke! Wow!!

My doorbell rang - expected a children's book for my nephew but it was a heavy flat rate box! Ripped it right open and found all of this:

Thank you, Mark!.jpg

That box was full of good stuff! Have a set of black walnut and olive wood scales, and a long set of maple I can make two sets of handles from. Mark also included chunks of ebony, IPE, and rambutan sure to keep me busy for a good long while (not pictured is Monterillo Rosewood, which I left on the coffee table in my excited rush to take a picture - had to look up a couple of these woods, and I'm excited to get into them!) Also have 8" each of 1080 and 1084, a foot of 1/4" brass rod, two Corby bolts, and two Loveless bolts (I've been wondering which to try first, now I can try both!) For good measure he added a square foot of nice leather and a Simonds Nucut file in there for me.

I think Mark did a little research here on KD before he packed up this box. All of this is right up my alley, and very generous. Really, it's too much!

Not sure if by luck or design, but Mark, I had your name. The box on its way to you isn't as heavy, but I do hope you like what I picked for you.

Thank you so much, Mark! I'm giddy like a school girl right now! :clap::s11798:

Last edited:
I'm glad things seem to be going well. If anyone has any problems, please notify me by PM. Enjoy ...Teddy

Matt
Happy to hear that you can put those items to use, glad to be able to help.

Teddy
Thanks for stepping up and doing this.

Merry Christmas
Mark

Thanks to KenH for the knife steel! With enough to make at least eight knives I forsee some bird and trouts, and kitchen utilities in my future. Thanks Teddy and Ken! Merry Christmas to all. Jess

I just got my mail. Had to post a quick picture.

My Christmas buddy sent to me a set of natural ribbed fruit mallee. I had to google it. It is a wood from Australia.

Pretty darn cool and it should make an awful special knife. I'm looking forward to using it in the very near future.

Thank you Jess Hoffman and Merry Christmas to all here on KD.

A special thank you to goldsmithy for being the point man on this awesome idea.

DeMo

View attachment 44662

Gift is in the mail , a little late but better then never . From the snowy north Michigan to the sunny south Texas .

Santa's Sled from George at Tactically sharp just pulled up with a box for me!:3:

There is a great piece of Maple burl and some beads and a large ball bearing along with a Rail Road spike, a set of cool black palm scales and a piece of Horse trailing matting which I have really been wanting to try on a handle for awhile now!

Christmas came early!
Thanks a lot for the cool gifts George and thank you Teddy for doing this!:35::35::35:

Hey Dogs
I just had a thought
Did Teddy enter himself?
Is Santa going to knock on his door?

We need Teddys contact info.

Morning all. We have 19 people in the gift exchange. If we had an odd number, I planned on giving 2 gifts, so that problem is solved. Most of you should have received a message about the recipient of your gift.

He is in but I have a nice item I would like to send him!

Yes, I put myself in. I have a plaque hanging in my shop that reads "The pleasure in having is in giving" and it's really true. I got a great deal of happiness in putting this together. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season and (drum roll) MERRY CHRISTMAS. Teddy

Back