HF 1x30 belt grinder

Rey

Need advise. I'm having problems with the HF1x30 after installing a fine grit conditioning belt. The motor will not turn even when I loosened the belt guide all the way.All other belts work except this one. I tried streching the belt but, still goes on tight and motor will not turn.Help! Rey

Might just be a bad batch of belts from the supplier. I am sure if you contact the supplier they will make right on it.

Best of luck.

Chris

Need advise. I'm having problems with the HF1x30 after installing a fine grit conditioning belt. The motor will not turn even when I loosened the belt guide all the way.All other belts work except this one. I tried streching the belt but, still goes on tight and motor will not turn.Help! Rey

I think you should take the belt off and try it. Does it still not turn or very slowly ? If so it's defective (had, trashed, gone, finished) and the machine needs to be returned. Frank

Thanks gentlemen, I will contact the supplier and the HF grinder does work without the belt so, maybe just a bad batch of belts. Rey

If your sander has a workrest the belt may be getting wedged between the work rest and platen if the belt is thicker then normal..

those scotchbrite belts are tuff to get to run on those little machines due to the stiffness of the belt and the smaller wheel sizes , just to much of a bind. When I ran them on mine , I had to give the belt and nudge by hand to get it moving , then it would pick up speed.

I remember those days. I forgot all about that. I would say 1 in 5 belts I would have to "Push Start" my grinder.2thumbs

Hope you get it figured out Rey.

Chris

those scotchbrite belts are tuff to get to run on those little machines due to the stiffness of the belt and the smaller wheel sizes , just to much of a bind. When I ran them on mine , I had to give the belt and nudge by hand to get it moving , then it would pick up speed.

Rey, I have a similar problem running my leather honing belt on my little HF. Usually when I turn it on I have to "jump start" the grinder by hand. Not the safest thing to do but it works.

Right now that's the only thing I use my 1 x 30 for. I'll probably be ordering a leather belt to fit my 2 x 72 grinders soon.

1x30 belt grinder

Thanks guys for the info. I will get it going one way or another. Rey

Back