Hello From NJ

Woodman

Hello to all KnifeDogs, my name is Kevin Henry and I started making basic cutters last year. I make hidden
tang knives only using mainly antler from Elk, Moose, Deer and Reindeer. I get this antler in trade for
figured wood that I sell to gamecall makers and knifemakers. I also make handles from saplings
that I use for hiking sticks that I make. I cut slow growing dense saplings that are growing under
larger trees and dry them for roughly 6-9 months. I use a lot of Chestnut Oak.

Here's a few of my knives. The top one is a Moose tip with a Mora blade. The bottom one is
Chestnut Oak with a Mora blade. Contrary to the way it looks it is very comfortable.

The second photo shows a Mora blade in a piece of Whitetail antler that I scrimshawed.

The third photo shows a custom Swedish blade made by friend and forum member Seved in antler
that I ebonized on the top, I made this for a competition on another forum. On the bottom is a Mora
blade in antler.

The last photo shows some crotch walnut scales.
100_0613.jpg

100_0616.jpg

100_0603.jpg

100_0631.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the welcome.
Hello Seved, it's good to see you and many other familiar knifemakers here. You and others I see here have helped me a lot with my beginner efforts at knifemaking. The blade you supplied for the above antler knife showed me the difference between a factory blade and a custom made one. Bruce Godlesky has helped a lot also in that regard with great forged blades. I hope you post a photo of the finished Walnut Traditional Scandi. The wood came from the same crotch as the scales shown on the right.
100_0686-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Woodman. I will post pics of the finished traditional scandi in my forum. I will start with the sheat tomorrow.

Seved

Thanks for the welcome Allen. Your EDC in brown micarta gets a lot of use, it's one hell of a knife, solid and sized just right for lots of chores. It's the one in the middle on the left. I etched the blade. If I remember correctly I used vinegar and aspirin. A couple of the others I made with Seved's moose and reindeer antler and some local deer antler.
100_0561.jpg

Last edited:
Back