Hello from Ankrom Exotics

Ankrom Exotics

Forum Owner & Moderator
Hello to all Knifemakers and enthusiasts.

I received a message through one of my customers telling me about this place and I'm glad I did. It looks like the owners and administrators of this site have done a bang up job creating a first class forum dedicated to all things knife related. Kudos and thank you's to all involved.

My name is Pat Ankrom and together with my girlfriend, Lynn, we operate a small business called 'Ankrom Exotics'. Specializing in the sale of stabilized, highly figured, exotic hardwoods and burls to knifemakers and penturners throughout the world.

We've been in business for a little over a year and have supplied handle material to some of the biggest names in the world of knifemaking. We began doing knife shows last January and to date have displayed at four and were well received (Las Vegas Antique Arms Show, Blade Show, A.G. Russell Show and the Professional Knifemakers Association Show). Perhaps we had a chance to meet and visit if you were at any of those shows.

More about that later as we intend to purchase a forum here and proceed to knock your socks off with some of the finest (and most innovative) handle material you'll find anywhere.

We look forward to being active members of this community and getting to know you all.

Pat was set up next to me at the Vegas Show last Jan. He had a great selection of grreat lookin woods!

He sent a piece home with me that I am supposed to use, but I have not made a wood handled knife since then... :(

One more thing on the "to do" list. I wont let you down Pat! :)

Good to see ya here boss! :)

Welcome Pat, I might have bought a piece of stabilized palm from you (if you sell palm) but like Les G I havent made a wood handled knife in a long tim.

Welcome to the pack, Pat. If you were at the A.G. show I'm sure we spoke. I was there on Saturday and made it a point to visit every table. Look forward to seeing what you list here.

Murph

Thank you all for the nice welcome.

Les..... c'mon already. I expect to see at least one knife on your table in Vegas dressed in something provided by Mother Nature.

the other Les..... Nope, sorry. I haven't sold any Black palm so it wasn't me. I'll be happy to sell you something else though.

Murph..... We were near the back of the room on the aisle. In addition to the stabilized wood we also had the "prickly pear cactus" scales (I mention those because everyone seems to notice and remember them). Ring any bells?

Welcome aboard. I may need to get in touch with you before long. I recently came into possession of a decent amount of material in need of stabilization. If I can get my head above water I'll get with you on some pricing if your interested.

SDS

Welcome aboard. I may need to get in touch with you before long. I recently came into possession of a decent amount of material in need of stabilization. If I can get my head above water I'll get with you on some pricing if your interested.

SDS

Shawn, thanks for the welcome. I'd be happy to help you out with some stabilizing. Just shoot a PM my way when you're ready.

Thanks again for the continued warm welcomes.

We have purchased our own forum in the 'suppliers' section here and will start building it very soon.

Back