Heat Treat oven ?

Billy Helton

I am going to buy a heat treat oven. I have never used one I am looking for some tips on them Which one , which kind is better. I think I want 240v . Any help would be appericated.

Thanks in advance
Billy

Is the one you have mr bill. Do you run yours on 220v
+ 1 for evenheat Billy- 22.5 inch one
Do you do your own heat treat mike
I have an Even Heat and I realy like it.I've been using it for about 5 years without any problems at all.
Thanks calvin that speeks for dependability for sure

I have an Evenheat, and love it, I would recommend getting at least the 18 inch model, and 240 volt. Mine is the 13.5 inch and is a little short if I want to make a large Bowie. The Evenheat company is great to work with, I had a problem a few weeks ago, and they told me in an Email how to correct it, just a simple reprograming of the controller.

Got my Evenheat new in 1993 and still using it. but never used it for the last 5 years because I never made a knife in those 5 years, but using it now.

I have a 27" Even Heat oven that I have had for 2 years. It has work very very well no toubles. I have also used Ed Fowlers Paragon oven and it also worked great. Even heat and paragon I think are both good high quality ovens and you won't go wrong with either. I got the even heat for the size and they seemed a little less money.

Back