Going Full Time...

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
For those that don't know, I own www.USAKnifemaker.com - your favorite knife supply company - hopefully

We started the business almost by accident from my house. I bought a big run of Norax 9" disc's I had custom made so I could use them in my own knifemaing. I thought I would buy a bunch, sell the extra's I didn't need and have some for myself. One thing led to another and for the first 3 years I added a few items here and there, took orders, packed and shipped it all from my house. The fourth year my wife started helping because it was too much. I still had a full time day job. The fifth year it got crazy and we hired a part time person to help, bought a small warehouse, hired a couple more people. The sixth year into this and we now have 7 full time and 3 part time people. I worked nights and weekends on the business as best I could and my wife manages the business during the work week.

Today I turned in my two notice at my day job of 30 years and will be coming full time to the knife business. I won't be a full time knife maker but I sure can get back to making more of them than I am now. I couldn't be happier. I thought I would share.

Thank you for all your business. We appreciate it...
t

Congrats on taking such a big step! Looks like you have a winning business plan and I sure you will be successful. And you are my favorite supplier!

Congratulations on the big step. May your business continue to prosper. I'll certainly keep ordering from you.

Congratulations! I'm sure it will work out great. Don't forget your supposed to work less once you retire, not more.

Congratulations Boss! I wish you and your wife the best of luck in this new chapter!

Many Congrats on your success!
I am in my second year in owning a knife sharpening & Retail cutlery store where I sell my knives and I also work 8 days a week!

It will happen if we work for it! even in this wonderful economy.

I wish you the best in your continued success!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Tracy, I have to hand it to you. You were one of the first sources of information that I went to when I started and I still use the vast majority of methods that your website and forum taught me. Everything from the plate quench, etch, mirror finish all would have been a great deal more trial and error if you hadn't beat a path first. I'm starting my 2nd year full time and I wouldn't be here otherwise. Thank you so much, and best of luck going forward.

Way to go Boss Dog...with the service your company gives it's no wonder you are such a success. ...Teddy

Congrats Tracy, That's a big step. I know you will make it work and I can't wait to see what USA knife makers supply becomes with you there fulltime. Thanks for all you do for us..

Congrats Tracy and good luck.
With you in the shop, I'll get my orders even quicker than before.....if that's even possible.

Rudy

Hey Boss,
I think putting your notice in after 30 years is usually called retirement! :s12137:
Congrats on the "move up". I'll be placing an order soon in an attempt to help keep you busy. ;)

Congratulations and Good Luck.
From what I can see;
Your prices are good
You treat people good
and people like you.
Sounds like you are doing the right thing.

Man, you are a machine. I figured running this website and the supply store was a full time job. You have just given me inspiration to work harder and achieve more.

Congratulations Boss!

Back