Going Full Time...

Holy Crap, Cant believe you finally went and did it.
Super congrats and I cant wait to catch up with you again at Blade this year.
CW

Bossdog's New Life

9 days left...
i have to go buy a used car today. I have driven a company car for the last 18 years.

Most old, fuddy dud retired people buy Chrysler 300's.
At the early bird dinner time at Golden Corral, the lot is full of em.
You can't swing a blue wig without hitting at least 3 or 4 of 'em.

Tracy, tell you what, there are many times when talking with other makers when we get around to sourcing materials and supplies, etc., and I ALWAYS!! say to be sure to check with Tracy.
It's always been obvious to me that your "heart" is in this.
Not just for the money, because we all know how sometimes the $$ just ain't there.
I'm often reminded of the movie "For Love of the Game" sometimes when I think about tacking any portion of this business full time.
And that's what I think knife making is.
I'm sure part of your reason for heading into this full time is simply your Love of the Game.
Congratulations.

Holy Crap, Cant believe you finally went and did it.
Super congrats and I cant wait to catch up with you again at Blade this year.
CW

Hoya Chris...didn't you just go full time with your knives and grinders? Congrats to you also and I wish you the best of luck. ...Teddy

Now back to the regularly scheduled program...

My new (used) highway boat rides like a cloud and has a 5.7L Hemi that will press you back in your seat when you hit the gas. It is Inferno Red (which means red non marketing language) and I like it so much I have named it Ruby. I have never named a vehicle of mine before and probably never will again but she is a gem and was instantly my favorite car. If you continue to speak badly of Ruby it's going to cost you more than a couple beers.

Well best of luck to you and the wife and Ruby. I don't know about you, full time and a three some, some guys have all the luck! See what naming a vehicle can lead too!:biggrin:

I used to do carpenter work and right after me and the wife got married I was building something out in my shop and was using a pattern to make the cuts. I had the pattern marked as Pat and the wife walks in the shop and picks up the pattern and promptly asks who the hell is Pat!! She knew I had an old girlfriend named Pat!!!!!!!

Pattern dear pattern!:34:

Last edited:
Tracy, my dear friend, we go back a few years and it has been interesting to see the progression. from hobbyist, to craftsman, to a career change into something you obviously love. That you could stir the broth in so many pots is a testimony to your stamina and desire. I will always be grateful for the kudos you expressed as to my craft and your expressed friendship. I sincerely look forward to visiting with you at the next Blade Show in Atlanta.----Sandy

Tracy, my dear friend, we go back a few years and it has been interesting to see the progression. from hobbyist, to craftsman, to a career change into something you obviously love. That you could stir the broth in so many pots is a testimony to your stamina and desire. I will always be grateful for the kudos you expressed as to my craft and your expressed friendship. I sincerely look forward to visiting with you at the next Blade Show in Atlanta.----Sandy

Sandy, my time is finally opening up. Can I come and spend a day with you in your shop the day before or after Blade?

Tracy---a day? How about several days? You are as welcome as sunshine, my friend. I have the room, the time and the inclination----nuff said? Sandy

Last edited:
Tracy---a day? How about several days? You are as welcome as sunshine, my friend. I have the room, the time and the inclination----nuff said? Sandy

We will work something out. I need some leather lessons from you Sandy.

Back