gift for a buddy

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
I have a friend who's a COP in Washington State "yes i do have friends" known this guy for 42 years went in the army together jumped out of helo's together
even had the same girlfriends at derf. points in life ok to much info.!!! HA HA HA LOL he wanted a knife that had a rubber handle no longer than 6 1/2 blade that he could use for when he's tracking bad guys in the woods of washington. and he wanted it in two weeks .so made some steel and forged this out for him . its about 80 layers of 1095 and L6 saw blade ,its hollow ground sweage is hollow ground blade is 6 1/2" long, over all is 11 1/2" ,handle is horse mat rubber ,got some glue on the side that you can't get off without messing up the grip dang it, he wont mined glad i wasnt trying to sell it .HA HA he has a sheath for it he says ,i also darkened the tang edge after i took the pic's.so off it goes to get bad guys .tell me what you think !!!!
DSC02762.jpg

DSC02785.jpg

DSC02771.jpg

DSC02775.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

Looks good. Not only perfectly capable of what it's designed for but looks sharp as well. No reason form and function can't go together.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you attach the horse stall mat? I'm working on a recurve for myself and have some stall mat that I would love to use.

Thank you,

Charlie

Looks good. Not only perfectly capable of what it's designed for but looks sharp as well. No reason form and function can't go together.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you attach the horse stall mat? I'm working on a recurve for myself and have some stall mat that I would love to use.

Thank you,

Charlie

Plastic steel,steel weld epoxy two ton stuff it comes in black and molds itself to the rubber but also sticks to medal 2600 psi super high strength i have 1/2" holes in the handle 4 of them glued half on let dry then filled the holes and glued the other half on. we'll see if it holds up in the woods and rain of washington state being its a friend who has the knife if it dont he'll not be pissed but i tested some on some spare steel and i could not pound the rubber off ,also sent a knife to the big sand box last year and it held up just fine with the same rubber and epoxy on it .

Wicked as always, Clint. Man, he is going to be stoked.

Thanks for sharing man, I think I need to order some horse stall mats from T on the next order.

Cant wait to get my Damascus pardner.

Sick blade!

Chris

Nice stuff. I know he'll be happy. Did the stall mat come with that diamond pattern on it already? If it did, where did you pick it up if you don't mind me asking?

This knife really impresses me for tactical/self defense. If I was heading to one of the ongoing wars I'd bring one. Great handle design for secure grip and control.

Nice job Clint. That is a sweet design and excellent execution. Wish I was your friend.

Pat

Back