GeneK's KITH Knife

Kevin Zito

KNIFE MAKER
I lucked up and got Gene Kimmi's KITH knife. I REALLY wanted to do a review showing the use of the gut hook, but I simply can NOT find time to hunt. Anyway, I will hunt after Christmas, and certainly update this post with details on that feature of the knife. Now, there are a few things that I just can't wait to say about this maker and this knife.

First and foremost. My family has been in the retail knife business since around 1980. So I have sharpened a lot of knives. My dad is an expert. Both he and I have NEVER seen a knife as sharp. NEVER. Period, end of story. I can not overstate or overemphasize the sharpness of this knife.

I also was overly impressed with the packaging and presentation of this knife as a product. The packaging was super professional... knife and sheath were in a sealed plastic bag. The certific of authenticity is a very, very nice detail and the cleaning and care intructions were an added touch of profesionalism. The instructions were clearly written and formatted in such a way that people (even those with little to no experience) can preserve this beatiful piece of art.

As far as the sheath and knife are concerned... perfection. There is not one blemish on either... not one. The fit and finish is exquisute. I can't begin to contemplate being able to finish a knife to this degree given the complexities that were built into this piece. NASA could not fit the inlay as well as Gene did. The sheath is also AMAZING! The knife fits very tight, and the coloring and pattern match the knife... this adds to the completeness of the final product. Again, perfection.

For 30 years I have used one knife for hunting/skinning. The knife was made by Bob Dozier, and given to me and my dad by Bob and Pete Gerber. It is a fine skinner. I love the knife, no doubt. I just don't love it as much as this one. It has been replaced.

I'm terrible at pics so I would like to refer you all to GeneK's WIP. His WIP on this project is as well done as the knife. You can find it here: https://knifedogs.com/threads/geneks-kith-wip.48287/

Gene, I would like to tell you that this knife is one of the best gifts I have ever gotten. It will be cherished forever. Thank you!

IMG_2304.jpg

Last edited:
Back