GeneK's KITH Bowie

I use a lot of black g10 for bolsters, while it wouldn't lend much contrast I think it would fit well with the dark hamon and black lines in the Ironwood. :D

I use a lot of black g10 for bolsters, while it wouldn't lend much contrast I think it would fit well with the dark hamon and black lines in the Ironwood. :D

I do the same on a lot of my kitchen knives and considered it for this one as the wood needs to be 6" long. But that ADD thing from another thread didn't remind me to set the pin holes up for a bolster.

Here are some pictures of the ironwood with different colored liners.

White and blue.

Purple and pink.

White again and black.

Red and orange.

Now I'm even more undecided. The white and blue look better than I thought they would, red is always a favorite of mine, and I like the orange too.

And a couple pictures of the laser engraving and final etch.

Blue is the pick of the liner material for the IW. There is enough contrast to say class without the harsh contrast that often overplays the gameand takes away rather than adds (imnsho)

I really thought you guys would make this decision easy and all say the same color. :D Now you have me thinking red, white and blue, but that might be too over powering. Time to play around with a couple ideas.

Back