Gas Forge Blower Recommendation?

Daniel is right, it is from blacksmith depot, if I recall correctly it was $125. I bought it almost a month ago.

Blacksmiths Depot sells it for $175.00 for 2"
Blacksmith Supply sells it for $109.99 for 2.5"
I suspect that they are the same. Maybe one is measured ID of the air outlet and the other is OD.
I just checked the prices and specs on both web-sites.

Let me know if I can help you.

Wayne

Last edited:
Yes, the 2" is $175, and the 2.5" was listed at $125 (both depot prices). I bought the 2.5", there would be a savings going the route you mentioned.
Thanks,
Dan

Same blower I used with my ribbon burner forge build. Excellent blower.

Happy to hear that! I was going to get one of those but wast sure if it would have enough pressure. I got to start building the forge for my ribbon burner. The burner is just sitting on a shelf currently.

Happy to hear that! I was going to get one of those but wast sure if it would have enough pressure. I got to start building the forge for my ribbon burner. The burner is just sitting on a shelf currently.

This all depends on the size and shape of both your ribbon burner and your forge. For mine it runs at 1 psi of propane with the blower closed off completely and heats VERY QUICKLY!

20181014_141550-800x600.jpg
Finally had a chance to put most of it together, will be wiring the TC to the pid display next.
20181014_134156_crop_360x362.jpg
First quick fire (about 3 minutes), to season the interior.
It will be a bit of a learning curve getting the air/ gas ratio dialed in. Very different than the venturi on the right side of the cart.

@Vombrown is your ribbon burner forge pretty fuel efficient or does it really burn through the propane?

Sorry I didn't see this question. I'm not really sure how fuel efficient it is. I haven't used up a 20 gallon BBQ cylinder yet but I can tell you I already have about 1/3 more time on it than I did with my two burner atmospheric forge. Keep in mind the bottle isn't empty yet. So maybe I already answered your question?

Back