FUFFs

Sean Cochran

Hey if anyone wants to know how to go from "this is going to be a great looking knife" to "jeez I hope no one sees this P.O.S." I can give you some advice. Had a great looking piece going, but like everything else I was running way behind. The customer had to have it today to give as a gift, so what did I do, tried to squeeze 4 hours worth of handle work into 2 hours.:eek:.
Its not real bad, but its not up to my standards. So I had to call the customer and explain that he wont be able to get his knife. Time to knock the scales off and start over. At least the customer was very understanding when I told him that I couldnt charge him for substandard work.
BTW Merry Christmas!

Sean

Yep. Most of the time if I screw up it was because I got in a hurry. I hate to keep people waiting but I would regret it even more if I was sending outsub-par work.

re-doing something that isn't up to your standards is rewarding personally even if it aggravating at the time. That is NOTHING compared to how it would haunt you if you had sent it out. Good for you Sean..post a pic of it when you done the 2nd time with it.

In Swahili (the speaking of which is my most useless skill in Texas) they say "haraka, haraka, haina baraka," which means "hurry hurry it has no blessing." Most of the time it's a national excuse for laziness, but it's still true.

In Swahili (the speaking of which is my most useless skill in Texas) they say "haraka, haraka, haina baraka," which means "hurry hurry it has no blessing." Most of the time it's a national excuse for laziness, but it's still true.

:D
I need to put that on a poster above my grinder.

Back