Frame/Liner Lock 2 Blader

paps

I attempted to make one of these several years ago but failed to get it done...saw a squirrel and got redirected I guess. Then after seeing one of Frank Niro's two bladed knives recently I got interested again and decided to give it another shot. Started over with the design and decided to make one blade with a frame lock and the other with a liner lock. It's a bit different but was fun and challenging to make. CPM-154 for the blade steel, anodized titanium for the frame and carbon fiber covers. Here's some photos...thanks for the look and thanks to Frank for the inspiration! -Phil

Attachments

• 467K0414a.jpg
    467K0414a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 467K0414b.jpg
    467K0414b.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 467K0414c.jpg
    467K0414c.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 467K0414d.jpg
    467K0414d.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 467K0414g.jpg
    467K0414g.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 467K0414e.jpg
    467K0414e.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 74
Paps,it's people like you that give me a recharge ! I am super pleased you picked up on this and came up with what you did !!! Great work as always and innovative as well !!! Frank

Paps
You are very clever - like an evil scientist. How you got it all to fit together - and work is beyond me. I looked at the pictures and tried to figure it all out. All I got was a headache. Pretty amazing.
DeMo

Thanks Steven, Frank and DeMo for the comments. The knife is a little complicated but not too bad. One of the problems with this type of knife is that you have to be careful not to build yourself into a corner and have a knife that you can't put together in the end. Time for some huntin or fishin!

I guess this explains why I haven't heard from you in a while! I think I may have to come over and take a look at your scrap bucket and then report back to the folks how complicated this really was. The knife looks great by the way.

Bill

that is some very impressive and creative work Paps! You are a true master of the folder to make such a thing...

Back