First knife is done!

Justin Presson

It feels great to finally get my first knife done!
I have put a ton of hours into this knife, I actually started keeping track and after about 16 hours I stopped writing it down :D

I did everything by hand tools and files, only power tool I used was a drill press. I really enjoyed it and look forward to joining the knifemaking community more.

Comments and critique is welcome. It's not perfect but I'm very happy with it. Thanks for looking.

This is the knife from my WIP in that section but wanted to post final pics here.

Specs:
Steel - 1080+ from alpha knife supply
Overal length - 8 3/8"
Cutting edge - 3 1/2"
Heat Treat - done by Darrin Sanders
Handle - walnut hand rubbed with truoil
Hardware - Nickel corby bolts
Epoxy Acraglas

uploadfromtaptalk1395621025627.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395621056081.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395621079137.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395621110360.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395621149891.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395621166652.jpg

Justn , that knife came out really really nice for your first one .. Man, you definitely have something working on your side if that was your first one .. You will grow extremely well in this game if you continue to make stuff like that.
Well Done !!

Justn , that knife came out really really nice for your first one .. Man, you definitely have something working on your side if that was your first one .. You will grow extremely well in this game if you continue to make stuff like that.
Well Done !!

Thanks you sir, that is very nice of you to say. It is my fist full on custom. I put a antler handle on a knife kit a few months back. That is really what got me started.

Congrats on #1. To be honest - that is one of the nicer first knives that I have seen in quite a while (IMHO). Very good job.

DeMo

My first knife didn't look that good!
I was reading a book and using files like you. LOL Don't worry about the hours. Its too depressing! lol Speed will come with practice. Really nice looking clip point hunter. Now it's time to make another one.

Back