First folders

MLazyB

I just spent the last week at Ed's. We went though making liner lock folders. I can say we had a lot of fun, as we always do. Hammer and Boomer were a great help and entertainment. Here is a couple pics of results.

BingsFolders3.jpg

BingsFolders4.jpg

BingsFolders1.jpg

Bings2ndFolder3.jpg

Thanks for looking

Great looking knives Bing !

Dang refreshing to see a couple folders that look easy on the hand and pocket with a thin edge and useful profile !

I do gotta admit that I wouldn't complain if you added a handmade Ti pocket clip to the package :) May even be a good spot to throw in a makers mark (can you even etch Ti ??? LOL)

Take Care, Josh

Bing has a TON of talent! He picked up on things quickly, and we had a great time.

One thing I didn't mention to Bing was his grinding. Both of those blades where heat treated before any grinding was done, and as I was sitting in a chair watching Bing grind them, I was impressed with how quickly and cleanly he ground. Just by watching him, I picked up on some things that will help me out. Look for some awesome folders to come out of Bing's shop in the future.

The dogs already miss Bing....I let them in the shop this morning, and the first thing they did was go looking for him...right now Hammer (my lab) is sitting out in the pen, looking down the driveway for him, and Boomer (our little cattle dog) is sitting at the shop door waiting for Bing to walk in! Me? It's so enjoyable to have a good friend in the shop with you....it's gona be lonely in here this week. :)

Bing has a TON of talent! He picked up on things quickly, and we had a great time.

One thing I didn't mention to Bing was his grinding. Both of those blades where heat treated before any grinding was done, and as I was sitting in a chair watching Bing grind them, I was impressed with how quickly and cleanly he ground. Just by watching him, I picked up on some things that will help me out. Look for some awesome folders to come out of Bing's shop in the future....

Good for you Bing. They look great.

Craig

Thanks everyone,

I made the long trip home yesterday. 10 1/2 hour drive. As Ed already mentioned. What a great time we had. Lots of laughs and lots of hard work.

Just a little story to give everyone a little back ground. My son & son in-law have been badgering me for 2 years to build folders. I didn't think my skill set would suit building a folder. That would be up to their or anyone else's standards. After talking to Ed back and forth. We firmed up a date to do a class. Now I have the boy's Christmas knives already made. :biggrin:

Ed, Tell the dogs I will be back.:biggrin:

Thanks again everyone for the kind comments,

Very nice work Bing. I would love to take a class with Ed some day.
Ed covers everything in his folder class from conception,design elements to final product. I had very little or no experience with making a folder before I went to his class.

Bing, Those are interesting looking thumb studs. Dan

Dan, Those are titanium ball thumb studs. Ed uses them on all his linerlocks.

Back