Finally get to post in here!

keithlen

Been wanting to make a tomahawk for some time now. After three tries I finally made it to the end. Got some help from Troy who gladly answered my questions, thanks again. Started as a old ball peen. The head is 7.5" tip to tip. The haft is made from mystery wood, dense and strong but ugly as heck, so I dyed it black. Veggie tan wrap. Tell me what you think?

Regards,
Keith

Attachments

• spike2.jpg
    spike2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 54
  • spike3.jpg
    spike3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 57
  • spike4.jpg
    spike4.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 59
  • spike5.jpg
    spike5.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 55
  • spike6.jpg
    spike6.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 52
Keith, Very impressive and great looking hawk!! With a head that looks like that nobody would even notice an ugly haft. Now you are ready to do one with cable. :3: Wade

Thanks Wade, I was going to weld up a peace of that cable you sent me today but the wife had other plans. Maybe tomorrow don't have to go to the regular job til Saturday. I'd like to try a pipe hawk in wire. That would be cool.

Ya know, with all these hawk makers we should do a hawk-in-the-hat dealio. Again, Keith. Fantasic job!

That looks supremely functional. If it is meant to be used you might consider reversing the stitching though. I don't have much experience yet, but it seems like a missed swing could snap your stitching. Still, very nice. I always liked throwing hawks.

Back