Fiber glass sheath pics

Bruce, I'm looking forward to seeing it completed as I'm sure you are! How many more weeks? Is the Chicago Show the same weekend as Blade West?

Yes its going to Chicago next week or I'm not going. Yep the same weekend as BladeWest.

I just don't understand why things happen like that. Not that I would want to attend both shows but it sure seems like if they were different weekends the shows would do better. Hope you do well there! I'll miss my you and my Walla Walla's. :D

I made a paper pattern and cut out the leather slightly oversize and used Barge Cement to glue one half at a time. I cut a staight line and glued and wrapped the other half. The butt joint needed to be cut in a perfect as possible straight line exactly in the center. I removed 1/8" on the seam and used JB Weld with black pigment to fill the gap and pressed a 1/8" wide nylon ribbon cord into the gap. Excess epoxy is cleaned up carefully with wd40. Now just let it dry overnight and its ready for the metal throat and tip. Ken Hurst called and said he is finished engraving them already. Cant wait to see his work on em.

100_3766_edited.jpg

100_3767_edited.jpg

100_3770_edited.jpg

100_3773_edited.jpg

100_3774_edited.jpg

100_3775_edited.jpg

I was looking at this the other day, that is a lot of work for a sheath.

Bruce, it will look great when done, just don't mess up...... :rolleyes::D

Todd

You are going to love slip joints, they are easy....... :D

Later. - TA

I already love slip Joints but they are not easy as you say. There are some things on them that if not done just right leave you with major headaches and expensive fishing weights. :mad:

Ken Hurst sent the throat and tip back today. He sure is a talented engraver. With 51 years of engraving I guess he should be good at it. I'm just glad he does a few knives.

101_3808_edited.jpg

101_3810_edited.jpg

101_3811_edited.jpg

101_3813_edited.jpg

101_3817_edited.jpg

WOW !!!! That is awesome...I just think that is one of the best sheath's i have ever seen...great shot with the dogs ..thank's 2thumbs

Wow

Bruce,
I've been waiting for the conclusion of this thread. I'm thinking Many makers could make that sheath..... BUT.... they didn't because it never crossed their mind to blend modern techniques with a classic style in an innovative sorta way.

Seeing your work encourages me to be creative, think outside the box, and go at EVERY project with a commitment to the best quality I can possibly attain.

Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your work with the masses.

-Josh

Back