Emerson CQC15 WIP

Txcwboy

Emerson Cqc15 I added a glassbreaker Ti backstrap a while ago and just got motivated to put Ti bolsters on. Im still trying to get the grooves along edges nice and pretty to match the factory ones. I dont care for the black paper micarta but it was all I had. I ll replace them some day. Do you think I need another screw on scales below the one on bolsters ? I did dovetail them.
I need to finish sanding/ beadblast it all .Comments welcome.

I have never pimped any Emerson's. But I would love to see some pics of your work. I have been thinking about pimping my CQC-7 out a little bit.

Sounds like your on the right track.

You might contact Ferrck with any questions....I am sure you know his work2thumbs

Looking forward to the pics.

Chris

Emerson Cqc15 I added a glassbreaker Ti backstrap a while ago and just got motivated to put Ti bolsters on. Im still trying to get the grooves along edges nice and pretty to match the factory ones. I dont care for the black paper micarta but it was all I had. I ll replace them some day. Do you think I need another screw on scales below the one on bolsters ? I did dovetail them.
I need to finish sanding/ beadblast it all .Comments welcome.

My sandblaster wouldnt work properly and the media was coarser than i expected. I dont really care for the blosters like that. I am going to sand them down .

WOW I didnt think of that ! I have a tumbler with green little triangles as media. Would that give it a more satin look ? wet or dry ?

Dave

I refinished it. Anodized the liners too. Its done now. I aint messing with it anymore !

cqc15a.jpg

Back