damascus micarta - a new handle material

Thats really cool . Where did u get the mesh? Looks like it could be a fun project.

i bought a few 15X15 squares from ebay, but it was very expensive, i'v been trying to get my hand on a roll of the stuff but the prices are insane, it's very thin so i need about 60 layers to get 6mm.

BUT, a good friend of main was able to get me a roll, for free :what!:, so i will make a new batch in a few weeks, but it would probably be a one time thing as i don't see myself getting another roll for free and as you can see the prices are ridiculous

again, i'll keep you guys updated.

http://www.twpinc.com/wire-mesh/TWPCAT_T304/p_400X400S0010W48T?FEATURE_PRODUCTS=Y

Thats pretty cool looking stuff. It seems like it would be able to be patterned like damascus by placing rods or ball bearings under it while pressing. Ariel Salaverria did some "damascus" micarta using rods for a ladder pattern and corn kernels for a bullseye pattern.

i was thinking about trying the same thing :).

Hi Lee This "Damascus Micarta" looks awsome!
One thing I think your BUD deserves a cool looking knife or 5 after i saw the price on the mesh per roll :what!: :cursing:!

Holy crap I think that smell is me soiling myself!

But still it looks like nothing else i`ve seen

Greetings Martin

Hi Lee This "Damascus Micarta" looks awsome!
One thing I think your BUD deserves a cool looking knife or 5 after i saw the price on the mesh per roll :what!: :cursing:!

Holy crap I think that smell is me soiling myself!

But still it looks like nothing else i`ve seen

Greetings Martin

he will definitely get one, and a few scales as well, i still can't believe he managed to get it for free.

Back