Damascus and Sambar

Robert Dark

Just finished this one for an Airman in Afghanistan.

Alabama Damascus
Sambar Stag
410 Stainless Furniture
OAL - 10"
Blade Tip-to-Guard - 5 1/2"

Robert

Mario.jpg

ROBERT,
SHE'S A BEAUTY! EXCELLENT WORK!
BTW you going to Baton's this year? Have you heard anything about who will be presenting?
They might have some thing on the Forge Council's website, I'll check when I get time, I'll be there, probably Saturday ONLY! Sadly, I'll have to leave to go home and make knives, if I don't over do it!
Hope to see you there, one more thing, are you bringing anything to sell?
See you soon, Rex

ROBERT,
SHE'S A BEAUTY! EXCELLENT WORK!
BTW you going to Baton's this year? Have you heard anything about who will be presenting?
They might have some thing on the Forge Council's website, I'll check when I get time, I'll be there, probably Saturday ONLY! Sadly, I'll have to leave to go home and make knives, if I don't over do it!
Hope to see you there, one more thing, are you bringing anything to sell?
See you soon, Rex

Thanks Rex. I am going to try to make to Batson's on Saturday. I won't have anything to sell (I don't think). Who knows? I am just about to catch up on orders, so you never know.

See you there............ Robert

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Good Sambar seems to be harder to come by these days. 416 Stainless is almost impossible to find in bar sizes that I need. The jury is still out on the 410.

Robert

That is absolutely gorgeous and I particularly like the blade shape. I wish your serviceman a safe journey as well.

seeing that made me want to try and work with stag. really nice knife. all around. the piece you used for the handle had just the right shape to it. Really complements the blade.
kc

Back