Cold, Cold

This morning my son steps outside in gym shorts and looks at the thermometer and says, "DAD! It's ONLY minus six outside...that's why it feels so WARM....!"

Ed an Ty know EXACTLY what that means...lol

You know down here in the South, when we see one with a winter coat on and shorts or worse a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, and the temps like they are now!! Our high is supposed to 40* and back down to be 28* with a wind chill tonight pushing the temps to around 17*!

Oh and back to what we say when we see one walking around half dressed. We say bless his soul, he must be a Yankee!

But don't take that too hard, my father in law used to call me a "Damn Yankee" that translates to a yankee that came south and never went home!! :D My mother in law use to say, yep he come south, went to the beach and, got that pretty white sand between his toes,..........and well he ain't going home!!

I tried to tell them Nebraska wasn't in the war they were a territory back then. My wife says there on the other north side of the Mason Dixon line, right!!! Technically,........... that would be North and West.
Hard to argue with that woman, 40 yrs of experience has taught me that!! Well maybe not hard to argue but, I never win the argument, even when I think I have won, I found out later, that
I lost! :(:D

Y'all stay warm ya hear!

Last edited:
Once upon a time on this forum...some one was speculating about the seeming high productivity of Montana Knife Makers...it was attributed to the long winters...and I don't disagree...LOVE being in the shop when it's minus out!

We all looked productive till OPaul started posting pics...almost EVERY darn day!!

well here in beautiful downtown Creedmoor, we are on the western edge of the snow-a-caine that is moving up the east coast. we are getting a few flakes, but south of us they have gotten 3-4inches so far. bad for around here is temperature has not been above 40 for over a week, high of 33 or less past 4 days. got a big pot of stew, a good fire, and a jug of shine, so let it snow.

Wow, I feel for you all. It's been a chilly 45* in the mornings here in eastern San Diego, Ca when I leave for work. I even had to wipe my brow of sweat today because it was 79* and we were grilling some prime rib and tri-tip for a company lunch. Hard days here. :cool:

Of course on the other end, we're having drought and looking for our first rain of the season coming next week. Would be nice to have a little weather aside from sun all the time.

I thought I saw on the news yesterday there was an earthquake out your way.
It seems there's no where to escape mother nature's wrath.

It's warm here, 1 above, I'm glad I don't live down south where you guys are getting all the bad weather. Going Ice fishing in the morning. Stay warm.:)

Were having a heat wave got up to 51* today before it dropped back down to 27* tonight! Best news I have heard suppose to rain tomorrow and we are supposed to be in the low to mid 60's next week. Bring it on. I got to get my shop climatized. To hot in the summer and this winter too cold in the winter!!

One Day in the shop this week ,tomorrow its moving up to 20 so I will get some time in the shop till the Grand kids come over for snowmobiling.

-1 Deg normal temp -30 with wind chill right now. So cold I had my Hot Water Pipe freeze with it running on a drip!! Lived in this house 22 years never had that happen! Thank God caught it in time so no split pipes or damage!!

Yep, it's getting brutal. I can't imagine what some of you guys are going through. It's cold here but not like it is up North. How do the Canadians do it?

all seriousness aside, warmed up here to 46F after over 7 days below freezing. yes I know it is cold up there in South Dakota or Montana, that is why my parents moved to the South and stayed here 60 years ago.

Back