Chute Knife

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
I just finished this one for the Chicago Show. Its a Loveless style Chute Knife.

Polished CPM S30V, Paul Bos HT, Olive canvas micarta w/red spacers.

Does it look like something Bob would make?

100_3781_edited.jpg

100_3780_edited.jpg

100_3782_edited.jpg

Outstanding work. Of course everything I've seen from you has been incredible.

That is a very clean knife all around. Nicely done sir.

SDS

Amazing work as usual, Bruce. I really like this one. Superb finish on that blade! Thanks for showing.

Thanks Guys!
I was amazed the S 30-v took such a good mirror polish. The guard is soldered and pinned on too. Thats pretty rare for me.

Bruce, how in the world did you get that finish on S30V? I've never seen S30V polish up like that. Outstanding to say the least.
-John

I didnt dream that S 30v would mirror. I used the belt finish with finer grits all the way up to a worn 400 cork belt with green compound and finished on the buffer with pink compound. Generally I dont buff blades because of the ABS in me. Have you seen the DVD from SR Johnson, "The sub hilt fighter" ? It is informative if you like this style of knife.

I have a cork belt. I typically take my blades to 16 microns. I may have to try going up to 6 microns and try the cork belt. That is really cool. If that was me, that knife would be a "keeper".
-John

Bruce, I may have to meet you at Chicago and I will humbly accept the knife. unsure Yea right. Thats beautiful as usual. 2thumbs

Back