Christmas in july KITH 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really picked a time of life for this- a contest blade due in july, and the orders... ah, well.

No pix, but I have it heat treated!

I hope I'll be able to get mine finished... I have to still start it... And I have to practice first! :eek:

Guess I better get back to the grinder!

Hey everyone. Got everything fixed and got my father home from the hospital last monday and got computers fix. If it is ok I might need till the 5th to complete my knife. I have started grinding ( wow have had to learn how to do that again) but have to help with my father. Missed all of you and the forum.

James

P.S. Yes I will post pics this week.

Do we have an official deadline set? From Del's first post:

Since a christmas Kith is out of the question we will aim for the middle of july................#2 on july 1st I will post a new thread for those who are ready. When you have your knife ready you post in that thread and include a photo(required) and those are the names I will draw from, this helps avoid confusion to the few that for one reason or another can't complete their knife and it insures that everyone gets a knife in the appropiate time.
Does that just mean the picture thread is going to open 7/1 and we're still shooting for mid-July?

Well I think I'm going to back out. I finished a knife (my second) and I just don't think its up to snuff. I'm happy with the sheath and handle but I'm not happy with the blade. I was really hoping to get in on this one but I just don't know if this is up to par with what I'm seeing you guys do.

amcardon,
This is not a contest. It is a chance to get good honest feedback from other makers. I like KITH's because of this. Its not about what you submit or what you receive. Its about becomeing a better maker. Another way to look at it is if its a makers 1st or second knife, you never know what that maker will become. What would Bill Moran's first knife bring now. There is no above or below standard in a KITH.

I'm with Andy on this one amcardon. I am nowhere near where I want to be as a maker. This Kith will hopefully be a learning experience for me. I've learned alot from this community and from every knife that i've made. so like Andy says the feedback will be worth the effort. so if you would, stick it out:).

I'm messing with the handle finish and will manage sheathwork early next week. Finally.

I enjoy making knives, but just don't have time to do what I'd like and really take this one into a completely different style than I normally do. I am using a new handle material variant, though.

Amcardon- don't back out. I've done these six a couple months into knifemaking and it's NOT about the newbie versus the master or anything- it's the effort, comeraderie, feedback, and sharing. Stick with it. Send it in :D

Amcardon- don't back out. I've done these six a couple months into knifemaking and it's NOT about the newbie versus the master or anything- it's the effort, comeraderie, feedback, and sharing. Stick with it. Send it in :D

What he said.2thumbs

Good gravy, is it almost July already?!? :eek: I have a blade profiled, ground and HT'ed so I think it'll be ready by the first, but don't quote me on that... I figure if I don't make promises, no one can get mad at me :D

Good gravy, is it almost July already?!? :eek: I have a blade profiled, ground and HT'ed so I think it'll be ready by the first, but don't quote me on that... I figure if I don't make promises, no one can get mad at me :D

James, When Del and I first talked about this I think we said we would start posting pics at the first of the month and do the exchange around the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back