Cerakote Professional here.

shotgunner

Hello all;

I just joined the knifedogs site. Kinda overwhelmed at the width and breadth of it.

My name is Scott Solar, I am a Certified Cerakote Professional. I went to Oregon in June to get my certification. Since then I have been coating knives and guns nearly every day.

For those of you who do not know the product, Cerakote is a hybrid Ceramic/Epoxy costing that possesses extreme abrasion and corrosion resistance. It far surpasses Teflon, Guncote, Duracoat and all others for these qualities. If you want to learn more about the product, here is a link to the NIC Industries website for the product.

I look forward to meeting many of you. Perhaps you will want/need a blade(s) coated. I am ready!

Duck season less than 2 weeks away. Anybody want to hunt SoCal?

Thanks guys. It feels good to be welcomed into such esteemed company!

For now PM me for details about Cerakote. If anybody has advise for where/how to put a FAQ thread, I'll start one of those. Then I gotta learn how to place a classifieds ad. So little time so much to do.

Welcome to the pack, I have one custom rifle that I had cerakoted and it's some tough stuff, all of my rifles will have it from now on. It's like the spray in bedliner in your pickup, well worth the cost.

Mike

Thanks Mconner.

I did my shotguns. Now if I fall into Salton Sea mud (ahem.. AGAIN!) I wont rust them into eternity!

Welcome to KD Scott.

Thanks for the sponsoring membership.
t

Just wondering if there are any makers in the Chino, Inland Empire, SoCal area? Would like to learn more about this great hobby. I am specially interested in folders.

Last edited:
HI Scott sorry I missed you I was away on vacation!! I am in Simi-Ventura County....so not to far compared to some. Welcome to you sir. I am new a making knives but have a great master whom has taken me under his arm and has taken me in. Yet, I have met a lot of masters here that are some of the best! My specialty is customizing, handles and filing knives. I just came out of the closet a few months ago, LOL. I miss hunting up by you! I have been ill hence I got into this knife crap which has taken over my life in a good way!!! Do you have a website? Take care and have some good cold hunts.....Kris

HI Scott sorry I missed you I was away on vacation!! I am in Simi-Ventura County....so not to far compared to some. Welcome to you sir. I am new a making knives but have a great master whom has taken me under his arm and has taken me in. Yet, I have met a lot of masters here that are some of the best! My specialty is customizing, handles and filing knives. I just came out of the closet a few months ago, LOL. I miss hunting up by you! I have been ill hence I got into this knife crap which has taken over my life in a good way!!! Do you have a website? Take care and have some good cold hunts.....Kris

Actually, I am south of you! ChiNo (not ChiCo) is near Pomona, CA.

Thanks for the words on the hunt. I just got back from hunting the north Atlantic in extreme weather. Four eider each for three hunters in under two hours. Having breakfast by 9:30! Temps? 19F Wind? 30+MPH Windchill? below 0F! That's is as extreme as it gets.

Actually, I am south of you! ChiNo (not ChiCo) is near Pomona, CA.

Thanks for the words on the hunt. I just got back from hunting the north Atlantic in extreme weather. Four eider each for three hunters in under two hours. Having breakfast by 9:30! Temps? 19F Wind? 30+MPH Windchill? below 0F! That's is as extreme as it gets.

Well we are neighbors than Scott, forgive me I am getting old. LOL We have a Pasadena knife show in March...it will be my first but the Cali's are coming in and I am glad your close. Hope to meet you some day!! What a hunt! But, ya that is some cold hunting and it had to be a little wet in the air as well....Man!!!! You the Man!!

I'll be at the show. I'll be a vendor if the wicked edge kits show up in time. Otherwise, I will be walking around looking for Cerakote jobs.

The hunt was the most extreme of my life and I absolutely loved every second of it. Splashing eiders stone dead at 40 yards takes some shooting! 8^)

Back