Bulldog WIP

Gahagan

Well I finally am back to working. My shop caught fire and I was unable to get to work for a little while. While my shop was being repaired I received the kit and want ed to start on it so I made a mistake and tried to use some old tools I had in another shop and Yes I messed up the blade on the kit. The belt broke on the older grinder and caught the blade and ground a chunk out of the back end.
DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

So I decided to make a new blade out of some Damascus I had. Here is the new blade. (Tracy I hope this was ok).
DSC_0052.jpg

I screwed the liners together and cleaned up the edges:
DSC_0056.jpg

I put everything together to check the fit:
DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

I am going to grind this today along with some others and I will post some pictures then. I have the bad habit of not getting pictures through the process. I get caught up in working and forget. But I will try to get as many as I can.

No but I have been making a couple left handed knives for some other customers and I just made it left handed out of habit from the others I am working on.

Kyle..sorry to hear about the fire..I had no idea! Knife looks great though..if u need anything gimme a shout !

Gene

Back